Sunday 15 May 2011

What am I to you?


As my Sunday night wound down to a calm, I decided to do my dishes while listening to the beautiful Norah Jones pour her soul out in music. The last song on the CD is titled "What am I to you?" Do you ever wonder that?
Look around at your relationships...family, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives and think to yourself what am I do these people? Am I their greatest treasure, best friend, confidant or am I more just a number on their Facebook account to prove they know people in this world? Have you let them in to know who your really are or are you holding something back, afraid to just open up and be that unfavorable word "vulnerable"?
These are some questions I have been asking myself. I've been on a great journey trying to discover myself, be ok with who I discover and trying to improve what I can while accepting what I can't. It's a journey that has been marked by incredible people who have taught me much. Even if sometimes what they taught me was more what not to do (you know who you are). But the point is, while here on this Earth we are touched in one way another by a myriad of people. There is no way we can get through even a single day at times without the influence of someone around us effecting who we become that day. They help decided what choices we make, what we think about and maybe even drastically alter the path in our life.
The point I am at now is how much I allow others around me to influence what I choosgbhtfhat point do I step back and say enough. Now it's my turn to just be and think and choose. There are times when I just want to push pause. To pause life and just look at what is going on from above so I can see the full picture. But unfortunately I can't. This is why I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is able to see the big picture. He can see what's coming my way and help me know if it's going to be good or bad in the long run. How lucky am I?! And the best part is He does this for EVERYONE. All we have to do is let Him.
So, back to my original question that may or may not have gotten a little sidetracked, what am I to you? Let me know....

Happy Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. To me you are a blessing from heaven♥ I enjoy you and am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. Coming to know oneself is quite a journey, not sure it ever really ends. Love you more than life!!!

    ReplyDelete