Tuesday 15 March 2011

"Everything you are learning now is preparing you for something else" -Marjorie Pay Hinkley

With everything that has happening in the world around us, Charlie Sheen on the fritz, gigantic and massive destruction in Japan and of course, the chaos and upredictablity of our individual lives, do you ever just sit back and think, "How am I supposed to deal?"

This quote from the sweet Marjorie Pay Hinckley has come at the right moment for me. "Everything you are learning now is preparing you for something else". If I may be so bold as to add that everything you are experiencing, struggling with, agonizing over, craving for and all-in-all the things that consume your 24-7 life are making you who you need to be in the future.

Maybe everything you are experiencing now is just a small part of what you need to experience to become the person you need to become. But can you accept this sitting down? Doesn't it drive you crazy sometimes thinking about all the what if's and if have's and why me's? It does for me. There are times when I'm ready to explode with ambition and excitement for life and others when I'm perfectly content being the silent observer.

"Everything you are learning is preparing you for something else"....words you could read over and over again and still make you ponder. That's right, ponder. Take something and disect, rearrange, fit and mold into ways of application into your own life. Think deeply, sit in silence, wonder and imagine about these words.

I have been and it has created an opportunity for me to pour myself, honestly and wholeheartedly into my journal. By doing so, I can see so much better what exactly I'm feeling. I'm able to see clearly what is really bothering me and I can learn and recognize patterns from the past.

Journal writing....so simple, yet so essential.

So what happens next? The three P's of life. Plan, Pray and Prepare. With these, I can't go wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm loving this! The quote is a keeper, in fact its going on a board! Want one? I'm so proud of you. Who knew such a simple thing as journal writing would be such a help....not like our Prophets ever told us that huh?!!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so true! I would love a board of this one. It's a keeper fo rsure and good to have around to remember. Thanks mom :) You always have such faith in me!

    ReplyDelete