Sunday 14 August 2011

Kayla: Definition...not sure I wanted to know after all.


Have you ever had those days when you are SO bored that you go and google your name to see what it means? Well ladies and gentlemen...I just did! I'm not going to lie, what I found was umm..enlightening? At least it had my sister rolling on the ground with laughter. I'm just curious who this Ross person is...

According to one google search:

Kayla

A beautiful female who is slightly goofy and really crazy in all areas of her life; never forgotten and always lovable.

The defition of Kayla has changed dramatically over time to rest at the above definition. The word "Kayla" is actually derived from a Greek mythology female deity who would prey on innocent men in the way of adinner whore. The deity had one fatal weakness: a hysterical male deity by the name of Ross who only had to speak her name to suppress Kayla's alluring powers.
As for the truth behind how I received my name, just check out the picture above. Say hello to Kayla Brady from the hit daytime soap opera drama: Days of Our Lives. Oh, and are you wondering who that dashing man in the eye patch is? That's her husband...Patch. I'm guessing because of his patch, but mind you that is just a guess. Either way if you are going to wear a patch, best to wear it like this man here...with head to toe black leather. Ohhh yeahhh... haha! My mom was a pretty big fan and coincidently, I was born during the time slot for the show. Crrraazzyy... yes.

As for the definitions behind my name, they are hilarious. I like them and I think it makes you think you know, what's in a name? Yeah, my name is Kayla but does that really shape who I am? Maybe. If I let it. If not, its just a pretty name my mom picked out for me when I entered this bright beautiful world. Thanks mom :).

No comments:

Post a Comment